Bitcoin Challenge Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The “Finimize Limited (UK Company Number: 10328011) Bitcoin Challenge" Official Rules ("Challenge") begins on February 9, 2018 at 9:00 AM (Greenwich Mean Time) and ends on February 23, 2018 at 11:59 PM (Greenwich Mean Time) (the "Promotion Period"). Entries received after this date will not be accepted. By participating in the Challenge, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Finimize ("Primary Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Primary Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries (as defined below) and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Primary Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Challenge. The Primary Sponsor reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the these Terms and Conditions where it becomes necessary to do so.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states of the United States, excluding Rhode Island, who are twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry as well as residents of the United Kingdom aged eighteen (18) or over. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Challenge or win a prize. The Primary Sponsor reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Challenge will be selected on the basis of entries for "Bitcoin Value" throughout the Promotion Period. All submissions collected through the competition platform will be ranked by "Proximity Score" to the true value of bitcoin in USD (Proximity Score calculated as |[true value]-[submitted value]|, with lowest Score winning), as cited by Coinbase (https://www.coinbase.com/charts) on March 2, 2018 at 17:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time). For every successful referral performed by the Contestant - as determined by Primary Sponsor or its designated representatives - $5 will be subtracted from their Proximity Score. This ranking will be conducted on March 2, 2018 by Primary Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. There will be only one winner, and in the event of a tie in Proximity Score, the contestant with the earliest submission will be awarded the prize. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information approximately 72 hours after the Proximity Score calculation. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Primary Sponsor within 72 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
The winner will receive 1) A quantity of bitcoin equal to 250USD, as cited by Coinbase (https://www.coinbase.com/charts) on March 2, 2018 at 17:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time). If the winner refers 10 or more entries - as determined by Primary Sponsor or its designated representatives - then this prize will be changed to a quantity of bitcoin equal to 500USD, under the same above conditions.
Only one prize will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Prize will be delivered via Coinbase, so winner is required to register for Coinbase in order to accept prize. Primary Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Primary Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Primary Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Primary Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the forty-eight (48) contiguous states of the United States, excluding Rhode Island, and the United Kingdom. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Entry to the Challenge is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. In order to enter the Challenge, Contestant agrees to submit their email address to Primary Sponsor's mailing list for the Finimize Daily Email.
Online Entry: Enter the Challenge during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form, entering your email address, and subscribing to the sponsors’ mailing lists. Limit one entry per email. Additional entries may be gained by following the social post entry buttons on the online form as directed. The entry form can be found on the following website at insider.finimize.com/bc.
Alternate Method of Entry (“AMOE”): Participants may also enter the Challenge by mail as follows. On a plain 3” x 5” index card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, zip code, home phone number (including area code), email address (if any), and predicted value of bitcoin on March 2, 2018 at 17:00:00 GMT, and mail your completed 3” x 5” card to Finimize, 144a Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1R 5DP, UK. Marked Finimize Bitcoin Challenge Official Rules Entry. To be considered eligible in the Challenge, AMOE entries must be postmarked no later than February 23, 2018. Each AMOE card received will be considered as one (1) entry for that entrant. Participants may submit no more than two (2) AMOE cards per entrant.
Email entries, referral entries, and AMOE entries are collective “Entries.” Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Primary Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Challenge.
7. Limitation of Liability: Primary Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Challenge. Primary Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Primary Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Challenge. If, in Primary Sponsor’s sole opinion and for any reason, the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Primary Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge, then Primary Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge. In such event, Primary Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Challenge, the registration will be declared to have been made by the “Authorized Account Holder,” which is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Primary Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Challenge or Primary Sponsor’s website, who are in violation of these Official Rules or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, as solely determined by Primary Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Entrants, by participating, agree that the Primary Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) or participation in this Challenge. By receipt of a prize, the winner agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Primary Sponsor from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injuries, losses, death, or damage of any kind, resulting from participation in the Challenge or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND PRIMARY SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE.
INSOFAR AS PERMITTED BY LAW AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE HEREIN OR OTHERWISE, PRIMARY SPONSOR AND/OR ITS VENDORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT OR UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR (A) ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, GOODWILL, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS), (B) DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, AND/OR (C) ANY MATTER BEYOND SUCH PARTIES’ REASONABLE CONTROL.
8. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Finimize cc: Finimize + The Bitcoin Challenge at Finimize, 144a Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1R 5DP, UK. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsors: The Primary Sponsor for the Challenge is Finimize Ltd.
11. Publicity Grant: The winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and each of its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
12. Disputes; Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or the awarding of the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the Northern District of California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (iv) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to its choice of law rules, governs the Challenge and all aspects related thereto.